Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Family Portrait Session!


On Sunday, I had the honor of creating a family portrait for a wonderful group. If you follow me on Twitter you know that I was a little nervous about rain ruining a session! The forecast called for rain showers and thunderstorms all day but thankfully it held off just long enough for our portrait shoot together. We even got a little sunshine at the end! After consulting with the family, they expressed the fact that they didn't want to create a stuffy or overly "traditional" portrait but rather one that accurately depicted their family dynamic. It was such a joy to work with them and together we created something that I believe captured this fun-loving and quirky family perfectly.

Here are some of the images from our session together!



In the next photo you can see a little "photobomb" by that flamingo on the right. The family requested it be included and I love how little personal touches can add a unique and rich layer to the story an image can tell. 


I couldn't help but to include this action shot.


If you have already Like'd Stephen Turner Photography on Facebook, you saw this little preview I posted on Monday and I thought I would include it here.


I'll be back on Friday with some more great images from this session but first I thought I'd leave you with a teaser of what to expect! 



1 comment: